Rockhounder's Code of Ethics
We ask all BCLS members and guests to follow our Code of Ethics when joining us on rockhounding trips.
- I will respect private property and do no Rockhounding without the owner's permission.
- I will use no firearms or blasting material in Rockhounding areas.
- I will take garbage home or deposit in proper receptacles.
- I will leave gates as found.
- I will do no willful damage to materials or take more than I can reasonably use.
- I will fill excavations, which may be dangerous to livestock.
- I will build fires in designated places or safe places only, and make sure they are completely extinguished before leaving.
- I will not contaminate wells, creeks or other water supplies.
- I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities or equipment.
- I will obey all laws and regulations of forestry and game departments in the area in which I am hunting.
- I will appreciate and protect our heritage of natural resources.
- I will always use good outdoor manners.
- I will show respect to other members.